Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Awesome blog Repost

http://questioningtransphobia.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/transphobic-tropes-5-the-man-in-a-dressstealthy-deceiver-double-bind

The link above is to a post by queenemily posted on Questioning Transphobia. In it she clearly points out the double bind that I face almost daily, particularly when dealing with dating. Guys who have seen my pictures online have
"complimented" me by telling me that I "could have fooled them (into thinking I was bio-female)". Guys who have decided to stop seeing me have pointed out, inflated, and used any perceived "male" features, interests, behaviors or opinions to question my validity as both a woman and partner. It bears mentioning that these same guys are taken by how well I "pass" until they get tired of their walk on the wild side - then my status becomes both insult and insurance that they aren't being jerks

3 comments:

Bad hair days said...

Lisa really has a habbit to do great posts. Questioningtransphobia is one of the blogs I most frequently visit now.

Sarah

Maddie H said...

That post belongs to Queen Emily, but she writes excellent posts as well!

rioTgirl, I just discovered I can't put your blog on a feed reader. :(

Bad hair days said...

Thank you Lisa... I have a bad habbit on overreading the author on your blog :-(

At least I could add JAOT as link in my blogroll. Its the contentwarning breaking the rss :-(

Sarah