Thursday, November 27, 2008

Is it merely a coincidence that the volume of those suffering from trannyism are WHITE STRAIGHT MIDDLE CLASS MEN???? That the trannyism disorder is an identity disorder grown out of the "special snowflake syndrome"??? Why among the GLBT is the trans group the only group that primarily consists of heteropatriarchal middle/upper middle class white males??? Where are all the poor minority gay men with this disorder? Where are the numbers of minority females with this disorder? Could it be that this is a disorder of race and class? That most who cannot afford (non wealthy hetero whites) this disorder will likely never develop it???

I've personally witnessed infighting within various trans communities of what exactly constitutes as trans by trans. Have seen with my own eyes men telling other men who IDed as trans-women but stated they couldnt afford to begin "medically transitioning" that they were in fact NOT trans until they have electrolysis/female hormones/SRS/FSS etc! Bascially declaring if you cannot afford to "transition" you cannot in effect BE trans! And like everything else in our patriarchal society the majority those who have most of the power and money are WHITE HETEROPATRIARCHAL MALES! So should we be surprised at all that highest number of trans ID'd are WHITE HETEROPATRIARCHAL MIDDLE CLASS MALES???? I think not
!

This was posted on the MWMF board recently. I have promised that I wouldn't post there any more, so I'm not addressing it there.

I would, however, like to make an observation. Where does this white woman get off erasing trans*women from Mexico to Argentina? What about the Hijra and Kathoey in India and Thailand? The Two-Spirit Native Americans? All the other Trans* women from all over the world who are not white, not European. How about the Trans*women of all ethnic origins who are not close to being Middle-Class? Could it be that she is looking at Trans* through a window of privilege - namely those Trans* who have access to the Internet?

I would like to point out that she does, actually, bring up a valid point about various trans* communities. There is a level of elitism expressed. The ones who can afford SRS questioning the identity of ones who cannot. Her observations are viewed through a cis lens and that lens has warped and distorted the discussions. Removing the influence of the gatekeeper medical establishment who have a vested interest in making SRS not just an option, but THE goal for Trans*.

Before taking to task white, middle-class Trans* - perhaps she should check her own racist assumptions about Teh Tranz. Perhaps she should view the economic and social realities of trans* folks of color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I see that her post is racist oriented. As you said she ruled out all those girls in Far east, Latin America and the rest of the non white trans community. As if it's not enough people have hate to Trans Girls, there are people who are adding racism to it, as if you don't have enough problems to deal with. Plus who said that non white people are low class, where did she get her statistics from? For sure she's hitting another racist point, that I am not gonna mention here.

What I have to say here might match what you said. Yeah there are people who can't afford the SRS to become a girl. This is a very bad situation for these people. I might say that the government and insurance companies should cover that, but we all know that insurance companies do their best not to pay you so these are ruled out. The only solution is to have fund raising for the trans community so that those in need can get the right medicine and hormone medication to start the body transformation.

Anonymous said...

I got a question for you. Do you feel lonely? I mean does it bother you not having someone in your life (if you don't)? I have been that way since 4 years and it really does bother me. I just feel empty inside. Why does good people have to be alone. Sorry but today was soooo bad that I need to speak to someone and believe me I really do feel comfy talkin to you so I am sorry if I invaded your blog today to talk :S.

rioTgirl said...

lebguy-

Sorry I didn't get to this, we had a bit of a holiday in the US and I have been pretty busy.

I'm not particularly lonely, and I have started a new relationship with a guy I was seeing a few months ago. But, it's my friends who have always been with me who are the source of my contentment.

pellinore said...

i take it she has never seen Paris is Burning...