Monday, June 30, 2008

Vanity's Fully Functional Price

I met with an old friend of mine this year at the local Gay Price Parade. I was happy to see her, we were to early 20's Trans-girls trying to navgate the many turns and potholes this road has. I hadn't seen her for maybe 4 years until Saturday afternoon. We lost contact after she moved to NYC to be with the man of her dreams. When she left she was this fresh transwoman with new boobs and a nicely developing set of hips. She was funny and gracious and generous - a little gipsy who trusted everyone.


Who I met Saturday made my mouth drop open and gape. Here was a stunning beauty that caused heads to turn - even the gay bois seemed to appreciate her. I'm pretty cute.. some have said quite pretty.. but she is just WOW!! After exchanging hugs and eager to catch up we sat on the sidewalk and drank some coffee.


The love of her life left her for a ciswoman (so did mine) and she has been actively dating in The Big Apple (she was only here for a wedding and decided to stay for Pride). I won't get into all the silly reaquaintaing stuff, and I'll get to the point of this post - mostly because I'm a little angry and want to get this off my chest.


My friend, who looks quite attractive and VERY shapely... like a PERFECT woman's body, is having silcone injections to get the figure an face of a woman while retaining the ever popular "Fully Functional" tool. She mentioned that the guys in NYC really aren't interested if you have a "tiny hormone prick the won't work" (with a giggle even!!).


Now let me say I don't care what any woman decides to do with her body - well I care, but I believe that we have the ablity as thinking humans to make up our own minds. I am also aware that silicone injections are a less expensive option for feminization than hormones treatment and plastic surgery. I kow for a fact it is VERY popular amongst TGs in Central and South America and used by some TGs in the sex industry. It is popular all over the US for its ability to provide amazingly appealing results.


So what's the problem Tranny???... The froblem is PEOPLE DIE EVERY MONTH FROM THIS. Every single month women die from having some untrained chyck sticking a needle in the bottoms, hips, breasts, face, lips..yes even penis. If they inject into, oh maybe one of the hundreds of veins in the body.. you guessed it.. you die. How about a coma? or loss of feeling and function of the targeted body part?


Let's look at this. MOST women who do this don't die and aren't in a coma. On the other hand, it IS illegal and the FDA has not approved silicone injections for cosmetic use. I wonder why? Perhaps it's because it is barely a temporary solution. Unlike silicone IMPLANTS, there is no container for the silicone INJECTION. Silicone is heavier than fat, so it migrates. Those round plump hips will soon enough start to sag as the silicone moves toward the ground (gravity and all). Silicone tends to clump and harden too, so not only is the stuff moving (potentially entering the blood stream or organs on the way - more causes of DEATH) it is turning into hard lumps.


It's a Catch 22 for many of us. We can't afford surgery to feminize so we don't pass. We are hard to employ because we look like "men in skirts". If we can pass better, we can land a better job and afford to do stuff the "proper" way. I get it- I really REALLY do. This is what made me nearly cry ... my friend's main reason was because men demand a model looking woman with a fully functional tool. She claims that at least in NYC all the pretty gurls do it to stay "ahead of the game".


This make me sad and angry. The level of sexist expectations is HUGE, and important. However, the fact that someone I know and love is injecting bathroom calking into her body. If any woman Trans or not is considering this, please PLEASE reconsider. If you can look at the risks and see the results that don't end up in "Brazillian Shemail Sextravaganza Part 12" and STILL want this...... I just don't know.

No comments: