Monday, July 21, 2008

Dark Knight

I went with my partner and a good friend to see Dark Knight last evening. Nothing really amazing during the film. I loved it, but loved the trailer for Watchmen more. My only complaint during DK was Chriasian Bale's voice. When he is Batman, he talks in a more husky voice. The issue is Mr Bale has a bit of a lisp - cute as Bruce Wayne (of if he decided to call me and ask me out) but with the near whisper as Batman, it became difficult to understand him some times.

Heath Ledger (RIP) was great as a truely disturbing Joker. Every look and gesture was on the mark as far as I could see. From smoothing his hair, to the way he licked his lips combined with the dialogue to make the character more menacing and oddly more human.

Not much in the way of plot twists or surprises. Each plot and sub plot had the expected resolution. The gem was character development for me, mostly regarding the supporting characters.

2 comments:

riftgirl said...

Yeah, yeah... If it wasn't a Batman movie and was just about some mega adventurer, I think it would have rocked. As it stood, leaving out the batcave really lost points for me...

rioTgirl said...

yeah, no bat cave was a problem... still, I think the late Mr Ledger made an awesome Joker.