Monday, July 28, 2008

Just when things were looking good

I just got off the phone with my friend Amanda. Her ex room mate and best friend (and friend of mine) is in the hospital. I'll leave out names because I don't know if she would appreciate this post. She was taken to the hospital early Sat morning by her neighbor - she was raped... she was probably raped by either her ex or her current boyfriend (I guess both have gone missing).

Without getting graphic, her jaw is bruised and fractured, she has a gash on the back of her head, and bruising on her legs and arms. Her anus was bleeding when she was admitted. The most startling thing from the sound of Amanda's voice when she told me is the severe bruising of her breasts. Amanda described that it looked like the guy used her breasts to keep her in submission. I didn't ask for more details, and frankly don't need any more.

This news has hit me like a hammer. I think I'm calling off the whole looking for "Mr Right" because I don't think he is real. When will I hear that a friend of mine is with some great guy? Some guy who doesn't try to control her or hit her? Some guy who considers it cheating to screw around on his T-girl friend.

3 comments:

strongback said...

Wow, thats horrible. I would hope the guy gets fully prosecuted. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

riftgirl said...

OMG. As someone who unfortunately can relate all too well, my heart goes out to her.

Mark said...

I read the first line of the posts above then scrolled down to this one to get the original story. All I can say is the individual who did this is scum. If the prosecutors don't want to prosecute this individual to the fullest extent of the law, they need to be fired and replaced. Anyone who would do this to any person for any reason is scum pure and simple and the world would be a much better place without them contaminating the atmosphere or the gene pool.